Head of the Chair of Psychology
candidate of psychology, Professor
Dear students I congratulate you on being admitted to the State Public Administration Academy of RA. I am confident that your choice is based on a high sense of consciousness, eagerness and expectations of becoming a highly qualified specialist in the relevant field. One of the specialties of State Public Administration Academy of RA is Psychology of Governance which is under the administration of the Chair of Psychology of Governance.
Psychological knowledge, skills and the ability to apply them in practice have an important role in ensuring the efficiency of each system of contemporary governance. Having the goal of training high quality specialists the Chair of Psychology of Governance accomplishes:
On academic work:
- The educational program of the department is constantly reviewed and updated
- Fundamental psychological knowledge is provided
- Various courses are organized where students learn to apply the acquired theoretical knowledge in practice
- Special attention is paid to the formation of psychological portrait of specialist managers and the evaluation of psychological characteristics through tests
- A model of a professional psychologist’s activity is formed within the state administration system
On scientific research:
The scientific research laboratory adjunct to the Chair, in the activities of which the students eagerly participate, accomplishes the following tasks:
- Examination of psychological differences of different level managers’ activities
- Disclosure of their professional correspondence degree
- Development of a package of tests evaluating psychological characteristics
- Development of skills aimed at psychological analysis of conflicts, cause identification, their prevention, management and resolution
Psychological consultation and support is provided to the students and the staff of the Academy by the psychological service adjunct to the Chair.
A psychological debate club is established and during regular meetings various contemporary topics are discussed .This promotes the ability of listening to another party, the formation and reasoning of ideas and speech, development of culture of speech, debate and negotiation skills.
Highly qualified professionals of RA work at the Chair. Various scientific articles, guidelines, manuals and monographs are published on a permanent basis.
The lecturers of the Chair constantly give speeches on TV and radio.