Head of the Department of Training, Qualification Improvement, and Research Activities at State Public Administration Academy of RA
One of the priorities of public service personnel management is the insurance of public servants’ uniformity based on the level of professional training. International experience indicates that the supply of public service personnel is inefficient without the application of relevant education and training system.
The most important issue of personnel policy should be the efficient operation of the system of training and qualification improvement. The State Academy of Public Administration of RA is the core structure engaged in the education and training of civil servants. The activities of the Academy have significant contribution in the framework of public servant’s qualification improvement and personnel policy.
Training is the consistent improvement of professional knowledge and working skills through the examination of necessary spheres of knowledge improvement, development and acquisition of practical skills as well as the insurance of smooth work operation.
The main goals of the Academy in the field of training are:
- Development and training of personnel for public service and private sectors
- To promote the creation of relevant human resource base in public service system
- Organization of processes of knowledge and work skills improvement aimed at increasing the efficiency of job responsibility performance
- Organization of trainings and qualification improvement courses for public, state and municipal service employees
- Research and evaluation of training needs of public, government and corporative management field specialists
- Development and implementation of programs incorporating modern scientific-technical and teaching methods, thus representing the legal basis and strategic development issues of the policy carried out in the system.
The main purpose of the training course is enhancing the professional knowledge of public corporate management field personnel, improving their practical skills, and combining theoretical knowledge and practical experience. This should be achieved taking into account the official requirements set for the system employees such as the ongoing strategic reforms in the field, the legal acts (including newly adopted ones) regulating the field and the necessity of regularly introducing modern technologies and developing most demanded professional skills.
To increase the efficiency and flexibility of management the priorities of training and qualification improvement are continuously changed. Special attention is paid to:
- Quality of management
- Assessment of the impact of law application
- Cost and benefit analysis
Training programs at the Academy are carried out through lectures and practical classes by highly qualified professors who have work and lecturing experience at RA government bodies, universities, in political and discretionary positions.
Since 2011 the State Academy of Management of RA carries out training of RA Civil Servants composed of the following parts:
- Constitutional principles of state governance
- Civil Service Law
- Management skills
- Internal audit functions
- Functions of budget processes
- Purchase functions of organizations
- Functions of treasury system processes
- Accounting functions
Territorial administration and local self-government system of the republic of Armenia